Life has been a little bit hectic lately, and hard to keep up a blog. For those that don't live here in Kentucky, we had an ice storm a couple of weeks ago. It started out as a beautiful snow storm. In fact, I was watching it come down at work, in big beautiful flakes. We were all wondering if school would be canceled..... Then, the temperature dropped, and freezing rain started to come down. It didn't stop. School was canceled, and a little after midnight Tuesday night, our power went out. It didn't come back on until Saturday morning.
I was up most of the night wondering how I was going to keep the kids, especially Marin, warm. I even woke Jarl up, to let him know, so he could stress with me.....
Louisville shut down. Trees broke under the weight of the ice. We spent quite a few hours on Wednesday at McDonald's play land, to warm up. and slept under lots and lots of blankets on Wednesday night. Jarl thought we would all sleep better in our own beds.......he slept in Emma's bed, Emma slept with me and Marin. Jarl snores.....Sophie ended coming up to sleep with us, until she got tired of Emma thrashing at us and beating us about the heads because she was squished......and I was worried that Marin would be smothered by the blankets. so, Jarl got sleep that night.
Thursday morning, he was going to work, and the girls and I decided that we were going to take Audra (Jarl's cousin) up on her offer to come out to Goshen and stay with their family. Their neighborhood did not lose power. The girls had a blast, since it was a house filled with little girls....and Marin was hardly ever put down, just passed from one person to the next. She loved it.
Here are some pictures of the aftermath of the ice. it was absolutely incredible.
Our dogwood...I hope it bounces back


This was our first ice storm. Incredibly beautiful. Incredibly destructive.









3 comments:
I'm glad you are all safe and sound. I guess that is a good way to test really how "prepared" you were. Did you learn anything? What should we remember to do ourselves. How is Audra? It's been such a long time since I've seen her.
Gorgeous pictures! Wow.
We checked with Audra to see if you were all ok. We are glad everything turned out ok - in the long run that is. We hope things are back to "normal." Love ya - Eric and Julie
Post a Comment